Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Time to snuggle up with a good book....


So my husband and I are reading a book together called 'every man's marriage'. My husband works hard at everything he does. He is the best husband, friend, son, financial advisor, etc. that he can be. He continues to improve himself in all of these areas daily. We were reading one section of the book and I thought I would share the insights I have received as well. "Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers" (1 Peter 3:7) I always had a problem with the scripture because every woman I know is far from weak. We continued reading and the author went on to describe this verse further. The Greek term for "weaker partner" can also be translated "fine china", which I think is a better translation within this discussion of marriage. How do you handle fine china? With respect, as you tenderly appreciate and even display its finest points. You don't slam fine china around or put it through the blast of the diswasher. Each woman is a piece of God's finest china, lovely in His sight. Since we are God's finest china let us respond with femininity and Godly character to those around us. For a practical application go enjoy some tea in a fine china tea cup!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Cathy, you guys are SOOO cute! I bought that book for all my soon-to-be and recently-marrieds and they LOVED those books! I'm glad to read this post!